Addiscombe Environmental Consultants Limited has been commissioned to undertake the pre- and post- startup noise surveys on the Nigeria LNG project at Bonny Island, Nigeria.
The first two trains at Bonny Island were completed in 1999 and have a total capacity of 6 million tonnes per annum (6 mtpa). A third train and common fractionation unit were completed in 2004 (the Expansion Project) and a further two trains (the Plus Project) were completed in 2006.
AECL was responsible for the commissioning noise surveys for both the Expansion and Plus Projects.
The noise surveys incorporated a number of elements including the following:
- Determination of plant area sound power levels
- Determination of equipment sound power levels
- Fenceline monitoring
- Monitoring at community locations
- Determination of noise hazardouse areas
- Generation of in-plant noise contour plots