Addiscombe Environmental Consultants Limited completed the Dubai Environmental Noise Survey, in association with Dome International LLC, for Dubai Municipality.
Dubai is currently going through a period of rapid development and expansion. In order to ensure that this is achieved in an environmentally sustainable manner, with respect to noise, Dubai Municipality commissioned the Dubai Environmental Noise Survey. AECL provided the Project Management, technical direction and the technical expertise for this project.
The main objectives of the project were:
- To undertake a comprehensive environmental noise survey over the entire urbanised area of Dubai
- To evaluate the adequacy of Dubai’s existing noise regulation and to formulate new policy
- To prepare noise contour maps
- To undertake a social survey in order to understand attitudes towards noise and perceived effects
- To recommend practical and technically feasible mitigation measures
- To review noise complaints history
- To undertake noise modelling of Dubai International Airport for current and future operations
- To assess the impact of future developments
- To prepare environmental noise trend analyses using prediction models simulating noise increase in the next five years
- To provide training in the use of measurement instrumentation and software models
- The Project was completed to the satisfaction of the Client in September 2005.